What is the difference between Vegans and Vegetarians?
Did you know, there are different types of vegetarians? Lets have a look;
- Flexitarians, avoid animal products most of the time, but occasionally eat meat or fish.
- Pescatarians eat fish, dairy, and eggs but don’t eat meat or poultry.
- Lacto–ovo vegetarians don’t eat meat, fish or poultry, but do eat eggs and dairy products.
- Lacto vegetarians don’t eat meat, fish, poultry or eggs, but do eat dairy products.
- Ovo vegetarians don’t eat meat, fish, poultry or dairy, but do eat eggs.
- Vegans don’t eat animal products. They don’t eat meat, dairy, honey, eggs or gelatin. Some vegans don’t wear clothes containing animal products (leather, wool, or silk), and some choose not to use products that may have been tested on animals.
Vegetarians, especially vegans, need to pay attention to their diet and ensure they get enough Protein, Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, and Omega–3 Fatty Acids.
Our Nutritionists Top Protein Packed Foods For Vegetarians;
Check out our next blog for top tips for vegans!
Bye for now 🙂