Development Technical Manager
Leading food innovator in healthy snacking and ingredients in retail and foodservice sector. Good4U a youngLeading food innovator in healthy snacking and ingredients in retail and foodservice sector. Good4U a youngIrish company devoted to making our world a healthier happier place. We make delicious, natural,honest healthy seed snacks and ingredients and supply the major multiples in Ireland, the UK, Franceand the Netherlands and soon to enter the US Market.
Job Title: Development Technical Manager
Job Roles & Responsibilities
• Manage new projects through the concept development to launch phase
• Oversee all technical aspects of product development and provide input on technical feasibility and complexity and impact of new products manufacturing process’s and HACCP
• Coordinate and conduct pre-production development trials on site in line with operation and production schedules
• Generate new labels which meet required legislation in compliance with Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011
• Work with current supply base to source innovative raw materials and work with quality team to approve new suppliers and manufacturing sites
• Review range to identify potential improvements or changes needed. Project manage the delivery of these product improvements.
• Set up and manage a weekly sensory panel to ensure that product quality is maintained to specification.
• Ensure suppliers maintain quality of raw material specifications after launch in collaboration with the quality and production team.
• Communicate directly with product developers of key accounts and attend training days and buyers meetings
• Monthly field visits to identify new packaging designs and concepts and carry out competitor analysis
• Ensure all relevant activities, including work requests, trial briefs, costings and submissions paperwork is completed and maintained as part of the concept development phase and beyond with support to product trials and monitoring test results with handover to the QC team by the preproduction phase.
• Carry out benchmarking initiatives as part of the NPD process to strengthen commercial proposals with promotional mechanics in mind.
• Build and manage specifications for key customers for branded accounts and oversee private label spec submissions
• Review and complete internal raw material specifications and carry out supplier audits along with the quality team.
• Work with wider business teams to pull together customer insight data, trend information, lessons learnt and market data to scope out and present product opportunities at range and category level.
• Create 12-month pipeline to coincide with range reviews. Build customer relationships through regular meetings, innovation development and quarterly reports on categories.
• Keep up to date on all customers COPs particularly relating to nutritional testing requirements, raw materials and labelling.
• Carry out post implementation reviews of all products launched and that learnings feed into future projects.• Ensure products fit with brand standards, own label COPs, company policies, legislation and commercial criteria.
• Liaise with the Quality and Production team on sensory/specification analysis of products being developed to ensure grade A quality.
• Support customers by developing tools to enhance product knowledge and product display techniques, and enable them to deliver a more informed experience when selling produce.
• Keep abreast of technical and legal developments relevant to our product portfolio.
• Stimulate creativity within area of responsibility to ensure generation of new ideas capable of commercial exploitation.
• Manage a team of junior developers and chefs, allocating time and resources to specific projects.
• Directly work with the customers, both external and internal, to ensure that there is a clear written development brief for new product development projects; agree timescales for completion and be responsible for completing all technical requirements in the critical paths and the NPD gate process.
• Develop and Manage technical partnerships with 3rd Level Institutions
• Determine packaging format for all new product introductions
• Shelf life determination and validation for all new products and shelf life extension for existing lines.
• Essential Requirements
• Degree in Food Science or related discipline.
• 4+ years experience in Product Development
• Passion for creativity and innovation within a commercially driven environment. Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions.
• A highly credible leader who can inspire passion and confidence around shared goals and values with direct reports, peers and senior stakeholders.
• Strong technical background in food and packaging.
• Must possess exceptional organizational skills and be very detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Simplifies complex or competing information for timely and effective decision making.
• Self-starter, self-motivating, able to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
• Creates networks that reach across organizational boundaries; takes advantage of ideas, best practice and solutions developed elsewhere.
• Fosters a positive, inclusive work environment where people feel respected and valued for their contributions.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, able to influence through reasoning and personal relationships.
• Competent in the legal and technical aspects of ingredients and their uses.
To apply for the position above, please forward a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org