Start Date: Immediate
Location: Finisklin Industrial Estate, Sligo
Minimum level of education: 3rd level
The Procurement Lead will be solely responsible for the overall development, execution and success of the procurement strategy and plans, whilst maintaining the most up to date, best practice knowledge on relevant regulations, market intelligence, commodity trends and new sources of supply. The successful candidate must have strong technical, analytical and strategic thinking skills. The role involves managing high visibility projects of global scope.
- Maintain and develop the supply base through: relationship development, supplier selection, supply agreements and contracts with continued supplier monitoring and evaluation.
- Strategic Management of key supplier relationships, including setting and monitoring of KPIs, holding regular reviews, and implementing cost savings plans.
- Managing the collation and submission of data towards ensuring the company fulfils its obligations towards the Packaging Waste Legislation, Origin Green and it’s own sustainability goals and objectives.
- Review and maintain planning and purchasing contingencies
- Participate in bi-weekly supplier review meetings and ensure corrective actions are taken when suppliers fail to meet expectations.
- Work closely with the procurement team including the Quality Lead, Product Development Lead and the Finance team in relation to any procurement requirements
- Develop and enforce procurement policies, procedures and other document compliance of supply chain integration
- Develop and lead the implementation of procurement systems to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness in the procurement process
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure competitive terms and build effective partnerships
- Lead the input on all Tenders with regards to all aspects of supply chain costs
- Work closely with the Quality lead to implement supplier evaluation, audit and development processes and tools
- Work closely with senior key stakeholders across the business to understand purchasing needs and service outcomes
- Relevant third level qualification in business, supply chain, administration, accounting etc.
- Minimum 2 years experience in procurement
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, attentive to detail and good at follow through
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft Office, Excel expertise essential
- Highly structured and organised approach
- Ability to work independently, or within a team when required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org