Food Innovation Manager
Position: Food Innovation Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Finisklin Industrial Estate, Sligo
Minimum level of education: 3rd level
Responsible for managing key projects in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate must have strong technical, analytical and strategic thinking skills. The role involves managing high visibility projects of global scope.
- Deliver Product Development assessments, using R&D technology capabilities, market trends, consumer insights, competitive environment and other inputs, to develop innovative products that support the company’s strategic business plans.
- Provide input on technical feasibility and complexity, estimate timelines and initial resource requirements, and participate in consumer-facing ideation sessions to inform concept creation.
- Represent the Development function in internal meetings and external customer facing meetings when required.
- Recruit, train and develop staff to ensure efficient achievement of company targets.
- Keep abreast of technical and legal developments relevant to our product portfolio.
- Keep up to date with the market trends and new developments within the category.
- Stimulate creativity within area of responsibility to ensure generation of new ideas capable of commercial exploitation.
- Identify existing or potential problem areas in operations affecting quality or cost. Investigate alternatives and implement solutions while still maintaining specification compliance.
- Manage a team of developers, allocating time and resources to specific NPD projects.
- Develop and maintain a close working, professional relationship with our internal, external customers and suppliers.
- Directly work with the customers, both external and internal, to ensure that there is a clear written development brief for new product development projects; agree timescales for completion and be responsible for completing all technical requirements in the critical paths and the NPD gate process.
- Lead technical change agendas within the area of Product Innovation, utilizing solid technical project management skills to ensure objectives are accomplished on time, meeting or exceeding action standards, and within budget.
- Develop and Manage partnerships with 3rd Level Institutions
- Determine most suitable film and material specs for packaging
- Shelf life determination for all new products and shelf life extension for existing lines.
- Degree in Food Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years experience in Product Development within the Food Industry.
- 2+ years people-management experience.
- Experience in the snacking category preferred.
- Passion for creativity and innovation within a commercially driven environment. Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions.
- A highly credible leader who can inspire passion and confidence around shared goals and values with direct reports, peers and senior stakeholders.
- Strong technical background in food and packaging.
- Strong project management skills.
- Simplifies complex or competing information for timely and effective decision making.
- Self-starter, self-motivating, able to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
- Creates networks that reach across organizational boundaries; takes advantage of ideas, best practice and solutions developed elsewhere.
- Fosters a positive, inclusive work environment where people feel respected and valued for their contributions.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, able to influence through reasoning and personal relationships.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org