Bernie's Homemade Brown Bread
A delicious soft homemade bread to be enjoyed with a spread of butter, homemade jam and a cup of tea!
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease your tins and/or line with grease proof paper
- Sieve the plain flour into a large bowl. Mix in bread soda , salt and sugar. Add all other dry ingredients. Mix well to aerate
- Make a well in the center and add buttermilk and natural yoghurt. Mix together until a dough forms. The dough should have a soft consistency, if the mixture is too dry just add a little milk or water
- Spread mixture evenly into three tins and place on a rack in the center of the oven. Bake for approx 1 hour
- Bread should be dark golden in colour when cooked, remove from tins immediately and place on wire rack to cool
Share this Recipe